× Home About Services Gallery Testimonials Blog Contact FAQs☰ Book an Appointment
Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedure. It is an advanced and effective procedure which is replacing the traditional methods of hair removal like tweezing, waxing, and shaving. Lasers are useful for removing unwanted hair from the face, legs, arms, underarms, bikini line, chin, upper lips, back, chest, and other areas. Lasers provide with a safe, effective, and painless solution to get rid of unwanted body hair.
There are different types of laser hair removal laser systems, and they use optimum technology and emits different wavelength of light, which makes them safe and effective for different skin tone and hair type. Some lasers systems perform better on specific areas of the body compared to other lasers. The following information can help people to choose the laser hair removal system best suited for their skin and hair type.
1. Diode Laser: This is a relatively new and advanced laser system. The diode laser consists of a high power laser diode which emits infrared light with a wavelength of 800-810nm. The longer wavelength allows deep penetration into the hair follicles. A diode laser is safer for darker skin types but provides lesser efficacy for lighter and finer hair. This laser device works by emitting pulses of light energy which penetrate into the skin and destroy the hair follicles. These are ideal for removing thick or coarse hair. Diode laser hair removal system is becoming popular among men as this helps in effectively removing hair on the back and chest .
2. Alexandrite Laser: Alexandrite laser is the fastest and the most popular laser system available. It emits high energy through an Alexandrite crystal producing beam of light which is 755nm long. This laser system is effective for thin or fine hair which cannot be got rid of with other lasers. These lasers can cover a large treatment area like the back in just 30 minutes or less. These newer machines have cooling devices which improve the laser hair removal experience of the patient. This laser targets the melanin in the hair follicle of an individual with moderate brown to olive skin tone.
3. Soprano ICE Laser: Soprano ICE provides with “advanced ICETM technology”, and it cools the skin during the laser treatment for a longer period of time. This helps in minimizing the risks while maintaining heat within the dermis where the hair follicles are treated. The lasers are quick and provide with a virtually painless procedure. The results are better and long-lasting . This is an ideal solution for the different hair ranges, especially light-colored and thin hair, and the results are instantaneous.
4. Nd: YAG Laser: Nd: YAG systems operate a wavelength of 1064nm wavelength. Most of the lasers target the melanin pigment in hair and skin. However, targetting melanin constricts application to removing dark hair from individuals with light skin types. Carbon is a colored chemical compound which absorbs light than melanin. A carbon lotion is applied to the skin. The unwanted body hair then absorb the carbon. The laser targets the carbon rather than the melanin. This laser is safe for all skin types.
All these advanced lasers help people with different skin tone and hair colors to attain the desired hair-free skin.
It is always recommended to undergo the procedure from an experienced and trained professional to minimize the risk of occurrence of any side effects. Some skin concerns associated with laser hair removal include:
1. Skin redness and irritation: Redness and skin irritation are very common after laser hair removal. These are more common in the sensitive body parts. An individual can also observe mild swelling after the procedure. The irritation fades away within a few hours of the procedure after the application of ice packs and medications.
2. Change in skin pigment: An individual can also experience changes in the skin tone after the procedure. People with light skin tone may experience dark spots on the skin. This change in skin tone is temporary.
As laser hair removal is a painless and effective procedure, this helps an individual get hair-free skin in the long run. An individual must take all the required sessions according to the skin type and area to be treated to get effective, long-lasting results.
It is essential to consult a dermatologist as they provide with the best care, consultation, and the suitable treatment as according to the skin type. At Dr. Nivedita Dadu’s Dermatology Clinic, a team of certified and experienced professionals perform laser hair removal procedure under the supervision of Dr. Nivedita Dadu. To get smooth, flawless skin, opt for laser hair removal treatment!
Tags :Laser Hair Removal
Dadu Medical Centre
A2/6 Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, 110057, India
J-12/25, First Floor, Rajouri Garden New Delhi -110027, India
Copyright © 2014-2024 Dadu Medical Centre. All rights reserved | powered by DigiLantern.
Disclaimer: The content on this website (www.fullbodylaserhairremoval.com) is solely for the purpose of educating and creating awareness about the domain i.e. Laser. This shall not be treated as a substitute to a professional dermatologist's advice or prescription. There is no guarantee of specific results and the results for any treatment mentioned on the website may vary, as every individual and their skin conditions are different.